12 Ways to Love Yourself Each Day
With Valentine’s just around the corner, we thought we should remind you that self love is important too! Showing yourself some love each and every day can help you improve your health and confidence, among other things. Here are 12 easy ways to show yourself some love each and every day, with the benefits impossible to quantify:
- Start your day off with breakfast. Study after study shows that breakfast serves as an essential part of your day.
- Get your sweat on… even if it’s just for a few minutes. Just 10 minutes of exercise a day can make the world of difference on your body. Take the stairs, park at the back of the parking lot or go for a walk on your break.
- Give yourself 15 minutes to be creative. Spending just a few minutes a day focused on a creative outlet like a favorite craft or reading can help build your mind and improve your focus.
- Tell yourself one thing that you love about your body each day. Love yourself both physically and mentally… as part of your daily routine, appreciate one thing about your body, whether its how it looks or how strong it is. It will change our perception of yourself.
- Pat yourself on the back for your accomplishments, big or small. We often forget to give ourselves credit for a good job done – make sure you do it on a daily basis! Even the smallest wins deserve recognition.
- Stop worrying about things out of your control. Worry takes up brainpower and takes you away from what you have control over. If you can’t control it, let it go and focus on those things that you can change.
- Eat your vegetables. Didn’t your mom always tell you that you needed to eat your vegetables? She wasn’t kidding! Make sure you get at least two cups of vegetables each day (see your recommended amount based on your age here).
- Spend a few minutes stretching. Stretching your muscles can help you today and in the future. It ensures your muscles are in tip-top condition, while helping to maintain flexibility and strength.
- Drink water. Water helps reduce headaches, improves your skin condition and can even help you lose weight. Make sure you are getting enough water in your system each day, preferably half your body weight in ounces.
- Try something new. Expand your horizons and pick up a new hobby, or try something that’s always been on your list to try. It can help you build confidence and give you a new outlet for which to relax.
- Limit your screen time. Tablets, smart phones, computers… the latest technology are always at our fingertips. Give yourself a break from staring at the screen throughout the day and focus on spending time doing real activities, like engaging in a real conversation with your family and friends.
- Pay attention to your body. Each and every signal that it gives you is a sign of something that is going on. Tired? Let yourself take a power nap. Pain? Make sure you see a health professional (like us) to help you.